C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley OR Edelbrock??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Aaron-74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley OR Edelbrock??

I'm starting to hear a few more bad things about Holley's. Stuff I don't want happenening to my Corvette when I start driving it. And yet, I NEVER have once heard anything bad about Edelbrocks (we have one on our Jimmy too, no problems). Are the Edelbrocks just an all around better carb???

[Modified by Aaron-74, 4:06 PM 4/22/2002]
Old 04-22-2002, 07:04 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Holley OR Edelbrock?? (Aaron-74)

From what i know, the Edelbrock is more reliable carb. My friend has one on his 72 Mach1 squeezed to 425hp. Never has adjusted it in a few years. Just pulls the car put of storage and goes. I was debating tghis a few weeks ago. Go with Edelbrock or rebuild the 4150. After calling many speed shops and guys that have dealt with both carbs i decidede to rebuild the Holley. Everyone i talked to said that i would notice a difference in the snap and performance with the Holley being the better performer. If i dont like the way it runs this summer i will change. So far i am happy with the way it goes. I am taking it tomorrow to get the dist. converted to HEI and then he is going to fine tune the carb as it was rebuilt and tested on the bench. But like i said so far so good.... :chevy

[Modified by 1bad69, 6:05 PM 4/22/2002]
Old 04-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Aaron-74
Drifting

Default Re: Holley OR Edelbrock?? (1bad69)

so, I'll probably get more power with the Holley???
Old 04-22-2002, 07:12 PM
ZORA_RULES
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Holley OR Edelbrock?? (Aaron-74)

Everything out there supports more HP with Holley and Demon vs Edelbrock/Carters. But that's kind of the general oppinion with the Edelbrock/Carter being known for ease of operation (not having to fool with it much). You might search the archives. I think either Gkull or Ganey did a comparison of several carbs, and the results were quite interesting, if I remeber correctly his tests didn't show a sizeable difference in the carbs tested. I think the tests used a Quadrajet, Edelbrock, Holley and Demon if I remeber correctly.

Get notified of new replies

To Holley OR Edelbrock??

Quick Reply: Holley OR Edelbrock??