C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 02:04 AM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks!

I tried Bondo brand fiberglass jelly to build up my bumper 1/8" to match the body, and it peeled right off! Several Forum members mentioned Evercoat, and I looked in the store where I will get my paint materials and sure enough they had a pint on the shelf. It is a very thick filler, and had some kind of liquid that seperated and had to be stirred back in. The creme hardener was blue and I guess I got the amounts correct cause it went on smooth, and stuck to the fiberglass bumper like it was cast with it! I tried to pry some up with a sharp knife, and the knife simply sliced through it. It also sands very well...great stuff...thought I'd share.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:20 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks! (Rockn-Roll)

Don't forget to use their primer....SlickSand...
Old 04-29-2002, 04:28 AM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks! (GDaina)

Don't forget to use their primer....SlickSand...
Yeah, I was reading the can and it said something about using their primer to prevent the filler from "staining" the basecoat. I talked to the guys running the store where I bought it (they've been in business for at least 12 years) and he said the primer I'm using for the rest of the bumper will be fine. He said the notice was for people that use just a sandable primer before the basecoat, but I'm OK since I'll be using a non-sandable primer over the entire bumper.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:31 AM
Darkness
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks! (Rockn-Roll)

Good that you let us know:cheers: because for repairs I normally just use fiberglass resin with the hardener. It works good but its hard to finish.
Paul

Get notified of new replies

To Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks!

Quick Reply: Evercoat Vette Body Filler Rocks!