C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Josh 321 stainless headers installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Tooliepig
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Josh 321 stainless headers installation

Just installed some xs power headers this morning. Whole job start to finish was about 6 hours. I wanted to say I read pages upon pages of corundum these things, I can say that my experience from start to finish was excellent. Place the order, 3 days later the headers and ppes arrived. Fit was easy, installation the same...easy. I did most myself and had the kid down the street do the grunt work from below. My 69 only needed the following things removed to install the headers: alternator and bracket I ordered the billet jobbie from summit and works beautiful, z bar and the Dioscuri tube. THATS IT! In other forums I read that the 2nd hole back on the drivers side required hammering the pipes etc.... Horse bleep, have junior feed them up from below, wiggle them around and start any 2 bolts to hold them in place, finger START not tighten the outboard bolts... Remove the starter bolts and drop in the gaskets, now finger START all of the other bolts, now rather than use a shortened bolt on the difficult hole or hog out the hole in the header plate, pull the headers back away from the motor until they are up against the started bolts, install the last bolt and finger tighten it all the way in, as you tighten it the headers will keep drawing up toward the motor, and work the other bolts as you go.... No brainer. Lastly, I am pretty sure these are from china, not due to quality, but due to the tag I found on them! Let me be clear, these are as described, the inside welds were all finished nicely, great product, not for the money...great product period. I would not hesitate to buy them or deal with josh. I used stage 8 header bolts from summit as well as Percy aluminum gaskets.
Thanks Josh.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Post some pics !

Business hasn't been good for the last 2 years so I haven't had the chance to dyno mine but those that are complaining about them should maybe try and get a set of Hookers Super Comps to fit, now that's a real treat.

321 Stainless steel, 1 7/8" primaries, they are nice !

Last edited by MotorHead; 12-04-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Tooliepig
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I know, I really intended to take some pics as I went, but got into groove, plus greasy hands and by the time i thought about it, I was done. Truly was a pretty straight fwd job though. Are those xs headers? They look different than mine, and hooker super comp not so easy to install?

Get notified of new replies

To Josh 321 stainless headers installation

Quick Reply: Josh 321 stainless headers installation