C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 with delay interior light timer problem

Old 12-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Gold
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1978 with delay interior light timer problem

Hello
Okay. I will try to explain the issue with my car the best I can.
1978 with an interior light problem. 1st the interior lights don’t work, UNTIL I plug in the little white delay timer box, which is mounted behind the glove box, with a circuit board inside. I know the box is the timer delay for the courtesy light package. The interior lights work correctly with the door jam pins. Doors close, the lights go out. Open either door and the interior lights come on as designed. However, I’ll start the car and let it run and then when I turn the engine off with the key, the engine continues to run WITH the ignition off and the key out of switch. If I unplug the interior light delay timer the engine will shut off. The other odd electrical issue with the car is with the A/C relay. The relay is located under the hood and is mounted to the firewall by the evaporator case, has 3 wires that plug in at the top and 3 wires that plug in at the bottom. The 2 top wires for the top plug has a blue and a red wire. The red wire is the main hot feed wire. With the engine and ignition off and the key out of the cylinder the red feed wire still has power.
This car has 5K miles and is all original, including the tires, belts, hoses, etc... NO modifications, but the car has sat a lot.
Could another relay be bad? Could it be the delay interior light timer that is bad causing all the problems?
Any suggestion is a help.
Let me know if you need more details. I don't know what else to add.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:28 AM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I can help you on this.. but not this late.. I'm posting so I'll see this tomorrow.

Willcox
Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Gold
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay. great I would appreciate any help

Get notified of new replies

To 1978 with delay interior light timer problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1978 with delay interior light timer problem