C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neutral Start Lockout?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:29 PM
stumpshot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Neutral Start Lockout?

The car rolled a little when I took it out of park in the garage---motor not running at the time. I flipped it into park and now I've got no starter and a click coming from a box in the center console, just right of the heater control. I have the shift cover off and can see the box---appears to have lt grn, dk grn pink and purple wires going to it. Is this the trans starter lock-out? If so is it adjustable? Thinking that the rolling click into park may be responsible for this.
'75 L48/auto/AC
Thanks
Stump
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

The neutral safety switch attaches to the shifter. Have you tried to start the car in Neutral?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
stumpshot
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Mike- I can see the the half moon starter lockout on the shifter. Thought maybe this box was another part of it. Have tried the neutral, rock the car in park, etc but no luck. When I hit the starter I get a "spring/click" sound from the box just right of the heater control. Also tried the seatbelt override on the firewall but the seatbelts have no wiring anyhow. As usual, I was hoping for the easy way out without pulling the console. Been through the wiring diagrams trying to see where anything mentions that box. Car has a factory alarm but I thought I knew where all that was located. Maybe I don't. Oh well----out comes the test light and multmeter like I should have done in the first place. Thanks.
Stump

Get notified of new replies

To Neutral Start Lockout?

Quick Reply: Neutral Start Lockout?