C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo cable leaking 1980 th350

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:19 PM
rsteenwyk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo cable leaking 1980 th350

losing trans fluid at speed cable , is the seal in the housing or part of the cable . What is the fix

Thanks Again
Old 01-21-2012, 04:35 PM
fanmanbd
Racer

It's on the driven gear housing.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:01 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Google. Use it while you still can.

This link should tell you pretty much everything you need to know:

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186502

Take a look at the tranny mount, if it needs replacing, you might as well do it while you're under there.

Scott
Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
lonebull
Instructor

Listen to me now & I'll tell you how to keep from getting reamed out when you have a problem (hhich happened to me several times when I first joined a few months back). ALWAYS do a "search" before you ask a question- type in "speedometer cable leaking" & you'll find a buttload of info.- much more than you're likely to get with this post. I had the same problem with my 78 & the answers are already printed out for you my corvette brother- AND you don't have to wait! Just an FYI cause I've already been thru the grinder. Not being criticle at all- just trying to help you out. You'll find most of your questions have already been answered & beat to death. Good luck to you. lonebull
Old 01-21-2012, 06:12 PM
lonebull
Instructor

Except when a nice guy like Scott shares an archived post telling you everything you need to know! Thanks Scotty! lonebull
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Looking at my last post, I can see how somebody might construe it as me saying the OP should have google searched it before asking here, and maybe it is that, a little bit, but I was really making a comment about how the government is poised to completely wreck the internet. Enjoy it while we still can. Our politicians in Washington, D.C. may be stupid, but they are not blind, they all saw how instrumental social media was in the political uprisings in the middle east in the last year or so. They want to have more control over it. There are things happening in this country that, if you told me twenty years ago would come to pass, I would have told you that you were crazy. It's scary.

Scott
Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 PM
fanmanbd
Racer

I knew what you meant. Was it my short answer? Thought that would be all you would need.

Get notified of new replies

To Speedo cable leaking 1980 th350

Quick Reply: Speedo cable leaking 1980 th350