C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Throttle Cable Length Question for a '73...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
FLA-C3
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Holley Throttle Cable Length Question for a '73...

I've gone with a Holley on my '73 and picked up one of the LT-1 cable brackets because the stock bracket didn't allow enough throw in the linkage. I have everything hooked up and adjusted now, but the cable has a large dip in it since the attachment point has moved aft on the new bracket. All the vendors only list one cable for 68-73.

For anyone who's made this swap, have you had any issues with this...is that common...ok? The cable/linkage still seems to move freely. Just wondering if I should go with an adjustable length Lokar cable just to be safe.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:13 AM
smyth1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doing the same thing now .just ordered the holley bracket .you can try a different spot on the throttle lever for the ball stud.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
FLA-C3
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by smyth1
doing the same thing now .just ordered the holley bracket .you can try a different spot on the throttle lever for the ball stud.
Smyth1, where the ball stud attaches to the carb is not really the issue. It's that the location where the cable attaches to the bracket is farther aft than before, shortening the distance to the firewall...bunching up the cable. I found an old thread with some photos of the same setup. The last photo shows the same dip in the cable. I guess I'm not gonna worry about it for now.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...et-change.html
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
RobbSalzmann
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I would run the Lokar cable. You don't want to be worrying about a 40 yr old cable that is now flexed differently that it might start binding or worse, stick open. They look nice too.

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Throttle Cable Length Question for a '73...

Quick Reply: Holley Throttle Cable Length Question for a '73...