C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Stereo/Radio/MP3 etc. player in my existing dash bezel.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Hi Paul - does that one have the slider? How does radio tuning work? (display wise)

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
Hi Paul - does that one have the slider? How does radio tuning work? (display wise)

Thanks!
I am not sure what you mean about a slider? The AM/FM numerical scales are fake as is the red pointer. Those are just to give an old "look". The real business shows up as a green backlit display (e.g. AM, FM, CD). And of course the right **** has a seek function to find stations that you can lock in as pre-sets via the front lever push controls; be it AM or PM.

None of this is relevant to me as I just use the mini-IPod Shuffle (2GB) for my driving tunes. That option is emulated by the CD setting on the green display. I do not use the radio. And not driving frequently I have a battery disconnect on car park that would wipe out pre-sets in any case.

The KHE-300 does work well but for ~$269.00 do not expect to shatter windows. It can annoy my Wife and neighbours, however.

I have four speakers upfront (two in upper dash and two in kick panels) and a self-powered subwoofer in back. It does the job for me at my tender age.

Last edited by Paul L; 02-10-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Stereo/Radio/MP3 etc. player in my existing dash bezel.