C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crate Engine Vendors

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 10:21 PM
shotgun_000
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crate Engine Vendors

I have been looking at various vendors of crate engines. Basically, I like the Gm crate engines (385 hp), and ones made by the Engine Factory. I think an engine from the Engine factory may be a little better. They offer a "turn-key" package, that has everything but the battery. They also dyno test and check for leaks. Also, timing, jetting, and anything else is set so that no tuning is required. I feel that while the GM crate engines are good, the attention to detail may not be as good. If I buy from the Engine Factory, I'm going with their 390hp 350. Even comes with a video of the procedure.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this company? Has anyone bought an engine from there? Thank you for your comments!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:36 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Crate Engine Vendors (shotgun_000)

i would guess that the GM engines are all new parts. i would compare the parts because the one difference i see is that the GM uses a forged crank where the other one uses a cast crank. pace price on the fast burn 385 is $4200 :chevy
Old 05-17-2002, 02:19 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Crate Engine Vendors (shotgun_000)

shotgun_000,
I've been talking to Matt at Engine Factory about their 520 HP Stroker....I'm very close to sending the check, however I'm also looking at option to rebuild the engine I currently have....so I'm on the fence right now trying to decide which way to fall....I too would like some input from others who have purchased from this Vendor.... :seeya Cappy

Get notified of new replies

To Crate Engine Vendors

Quick Reply: Crate Engine Vendors