C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse melted, power seat issues, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 PM
rmarthaler
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse melted, power seat issues, need help!

So I took out the driver seat because the power motor stopped working after I moved it all of the way forward. I looked and all of the wires seemed to be pretty sturdy yet and I didn't notice any loose connections. With the seat out I could finally get to the fuse box and when I removed the fuse it was melted inside of the box and blown. It's a 30 amp. I tried scraping the burn plastic out as much as possible and put a new fuse in, reconnected the seat and still no power to the motor. What are my options? What do I need in order to test the power so I know where the issue is?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
lonebull
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12v test light

with a $2 test light avail. at most auto parts you can test for 12v all over your car. it has a clip attached to a wire. this clip must be attached to a good ground -these are scarce on vettes. once the clip is attached you touch the pointed end of the tool to any 12v source & it will light up. you can touch it to either end of the fuse & it should light up. if the power seat fuse has 12v on both ends touch it to the connector blades under the seat - 1 will be ground & 1 or more of the others will be hot(light on). you can also probe wires with the sharp tip to check for 12v. p.s. some sources are always hot while others are key-on hot.

Last edited by lonebull; 05-06-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: add more info

Quick Reply: Fuse melted, power seat issues, need help!