C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 l48 Engine bay portion of restoration

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 PM
sledgehammer16
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1980 l48 Engine bay portion of restoration color help

Hey guys I finally started my engine refresh project on my 80'. I'm now at the stage of cleaning and painting the engine bay and want the colors correct to that year and what brand of paint to use. I would use my own car as an example but the pevious owner at one time decided to let things rust or paint everything gloss black. So What shade of black is proper for The pulleys , fan, air cleaner engine bay walls etc. Flat/satin/ semi gloss? I'm pretty sure the engine bay is a satin black just hard to tell from pics what shade everything is. The other big question that ive tried to do research but have once again come up with more then 1 answer by looking at Other vettes. What is the original color of an 80' brake booster??? I've seen black gold and silver on other 80-82. could someone one guide me to the correct answer. Thanks for the help

Phil

Last edited by sledgehammer16; 06-05-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Need specific title
Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Semi-flat or satin black for all engine compartment surfaces. Semi-gloss black for all engine accessories and components.

Quick Reply: 1980 l48 Engine bay portion of restoration