C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting Issue - 700R4

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:18 AM
NEWB
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shifting Issue - 700R4

The problem I've been having is late and hard shifts under light to medium throttle. And when I'm crusing through the neighborhood at about 25mph, if I give it light throttle, it "stutters" like it can't decide what to do.

I've installed the BTO TVMadeEZ kit, with the exception of the valve spring. I've used to pressure gauge and all my pressures look good. Could it be the valve spring that is giving me issues? I've read through the whole BTO website and my problem sounds like their "Long Spring Syndrome". I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

The TV Made EZ kit geometry is designed with the provided spring in mind.

If you haven't installed it, you don't have an appropriate baseline for doing this. Install the spring and reset everything according to pressures, then see if you still have the problem. (you'll need to do the pressure calibration again, because this spring will affect the line pressure of the transmission.)
Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
NEWB
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shark Racer
The TV Made EZ kit geometry is designed with the provided spring in mind.

If you haven't installed it, you don't have an appropriate baseline for doing this. Install the spring and reset everything according to pressures, then see if you still have the problem. (you'll need to do the pressure calibration again, because this spring will affect the line pressure of the transmission.)
Will do.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

the pressure spring is key to the set up.

Get notified of new replies

To Shifting Issue - 700R4

Quick Reply: Shifting Issue - 700R4