C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 06:30 AM
Benny
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight problem

The other night, I put on the headlights. I noticed the dash lights were not on. Neither were the taillights. Later, I could not pull out the **** fully. The parking lights came on, including the tail lights. But the headlights were not on.

Do I need a new switch? Where can I get one? Does the dash have to be removed to install it?

Any help appreciated.

John in Milton, Ontario
Old 06-02-2002, 07:18 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: headlight problem (Benny)

You may be able to get away with reseating the ****/shaft into the switch assy, but I doubt it....you probably need new switch, but not to fear too much, they are easy to work with and convert over a standard for the era replacement switch from a parts house to vette switch use....
the vette switches have that vacuum headlight controll valve stuck on the side, and also the ceramic for the dash dimmer resistor needs rounding off a bit, those mods take all of 20 mnits....saves tons of money and time getting a 'correct' part....
gotta drop the steering column, lower cover, plus two 3/8 16 bolts....into the black mounting flange, then undoo all visible phillips screws into dash area, sneak dash down and back enough to get to it....not all that bad really, but the routing of the harness is something GM should have done better with...

GENE

Quick Reply: headlight problem