C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1981 theft deterent module and connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM
dreamweaver1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 theft deterent module and connector

I have a 1981 Vette and the theft deterent system does not work. The wiring in the plug going to the VATS module (GM module part number 16012660) does not match the 1981 electical schematic I have. I don't know if the connector is wired wrong or the schematic is wrong. If anyone can post a picture of the connector that is working so I can compare wire colors, it would be a great help. Or maybe just list the wire colors in order including blank slots in the connector. Thanks....
Old 09-20-2012, 03:35 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is the schematic for an 81. Mine was wired exactly as shown. The connector is a black harmonica connector with the letter designators molded in one side

The alarm box itself is in the kack storage behind the pass seat. Its black and about 4"x4" and is on the right side if your looking down in the hole.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
dreamweaver1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot Sixfooter. Your schematic is how mine was wired but the schematic I had must be wrong. So as long as it it wired correctly I think the module is bad and will have to be replaced. You were a great help. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To 1981 theft deterent module and connector

Quick Reply: 1981 theft deterent module and connector