C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor Relay & Buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 AM
bdchase73
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor Relay & Buzzer

Hey all... New here... I have been working on a 1969 Coupe L46 now since 09. Frame off full restore and about 85% of the way through. I took pictures of everything when I pulled her apart. And I have the original build plans from GM as well. The issue is this wiring... So much fun. Have a new harness, etc. The problem is I seem to have had what is listed in the plans as a buzzer. It is mounted on the driver side near the door in the dash. It looks like this...

http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductD...L2-SR&CTitle=&

The issue is that on ZIP it says this is an alarm relay. So I am confused as I do not have any other equipment on this car for an alarm. Also, who knows where the heck the blower motor relay mounts?! I can seem to find anything on it and I dont have picts of it when I uninstalled everything. Non AC car as well. FYI... Any help appreciated!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

Are you sure the "buzzer" isnt for the ignition key? Do you mean a relay for the blower or the resistor for the blower?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
bdchase73
Instructor

I have no idea about the "buzzer". That is what the manual is calling it. But when I search on Zip Corvette there is not a "buzzer" even shown. And the item that does look like the buzzer is what they call the Alarm Relay.

Referring to the blower. It is the blower relay I am trying to figure out where it is mounted and plugs in. I could prob figure out the correct connections, but have no idea where is physically is in the car.

Originally Posted by MelWff
Are you sure the "buzzer" isnt for the ignition key? Do you mean a relay for the blower or the resistor for the blower?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
19LEW71
Racer

Originally Posted by bdchase73
Hey all... New here... I have been working on a 1969 Coupe L46 now since 09. Frame off full restore and about 85% of the way through. I took pictures of everything when I pulled her apart. And I have the original build plans from GM as well. The issue is this wiring... So much fun. Have a new harness, etc. The problem is I seem to have had what is listed in the plans as a buzzer. It is mounted on the driver side near the door in the dash. It looks like this...

http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductD...L2-SR&CTitle=&

The issue is that on ZIP it says this is an alarm relay. So I am confused as I do not have any other equipment on this car for an alarm. Also, who knows where the heck the blower motor relay mounts?! I can seem to find anything on it and I dont have picts of it when I uninstalled everything. Non AC car as well. FYI... Any help appreciated!
Could be the horn relay thats a buzzer for when the key is left in the ignition. On the 1971 thats located in the engine bay on top of the wheel well driver side not sure your year would be the same but should be.

Last edited by 19LEW71; 11-06-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 AM
bdchase73
Instructor

Default Wrong Part...

Well, after much research this appears to be for a 69 that had AC. When I bought this from Zip they did not mention that fact. Thanks for the replies.

Get notified of new replies

To Blower Motor Relay & Buzzer

Quick Reply: Blower Motor Relay & Buzzer