C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rally Wheel restoration

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Raycedad
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally Wheel restoration

I just bought a junkyard set of rallye wheels for my 70 (it had a set of the later C3 slotted alumunium wheels on it when I bought it). I got 7 derby caps with the wheels and I'm mix and matching them for the best 4. Does anyone know if the black accents on the sides and lettering of the derby cap should be flat or gloss? Also, any idea what the C3 alumunium wheels, centers and lugs are worth, they are in pretty good shape, I spent about 8 hours polishing them up last fall.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 PM
1974ta
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Wheels

Originally Posted by Raycedad
I just bought a junkyard set of rallye wheels for my 70 (it had a set of the later C3 slotted alumunium wheels on it when I bought it). I got 7 derby caps with the wheels and I'm mix and matching them for the best 4. Does anyone know if the black accents on the sides and lettering of the derby cap should be flat or gloss? Also, any idea what the C3 alumunium wheels, centers and lugs are worth, they are in pretty good shape, I spent about 8 hours polishing them up last fall.
It is almost a perfect match to SEM self etching primer or I prefer to use Krylon 1613 Semi Flat Black. You can still get it from Industrial suppliers.

I suggest using both for best durability.

70 is my favorite

Bill

Quick Reply: Rally Wheel restoration