C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mounts for LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:48 PM
69SSC5
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mounts for LS1 swap

I read a few of the posts that involve the LS1 swap into a C3. I am looking for motor mounts that move the motor 1" forward. I am using a T56 so I would like to get shifter close as possible to centered in the console. Those that have done the swap what mounts are you using? Links would be appreciated? I did search and I did read but some said this and others said that... so i thought i would ask. thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 69SSC5
I read a few of the posts that involve the LS1 swap into a C3. I am looking for motor mounts that move the motor 1" forward. I am using a T56 so I would like to get shifter close as possible to centered in the console. Those that have done the swap what mounts are you using? Links would be appreciated? I did search and I did read but some said this and others said that... so i thought i would ask. thanks.
You are talking about the adapter plates not the motor mounts. The mounts are standard mounts. There are a lot of different sources for adapter plates these days so they should specify the offset. It isn't hard to design your own offset shifter to locate it anywhere you want in the console.

If you are building a custom console you can locate the shifter in the middle if you prefer. I used a factory Hurst shifter, did some measuring, and cut a plate for the offset needed for the stock location.

Rick B.

Quick Reply: Motor Mounts for LS1 swap