C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1971 windshield molding question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:59 PM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default 1971 windshield molding question.

Does anyone have or had their windsheild molding off? I had the windsheild frame replaced and it seems that the guy who did it covered up all of the holes for the clips. I know that the clip set comes with 13 clips but I sure can't find 13 holes. The AIM does not show all of the mounting holes just how they go on. Does anyone remember how many clips go across the top and down the sides? and if possible do you recall the spacing? :confused:
Old 07-09-2002, 11:54 PM
gearheadz
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: 1971 windshield molding question. (wadew10)

Wade...the spacing for clips for the top moulding coincides with the tabs on the moulding. I know there are two close together toward each end about 4 inches apart with I think four or five more equally spaced between the innermost end clips. On the sides, their are no clips for the side mouldings, use the screw holes in the moulding to locate corresponding frame holes.

You should have 8-9 similar clips for the center outer w/s moulding and the others should be U-nuts either for the piece that covers the upper w/s frame channel where the top rests or the upper corner mouldings (the chromed pot metal corner pieces that the top pins go through).

Mark
Old 07-09-2002, 11:57 PM
C-3 454
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1971 windshield molding question. (wadew10)

Wadew

Just hold your moulding up to your frame you will see where the tabs on the moulding line up with the clips.They don't have to be perfect.

good luck geno

Old 07-10-2002, 08:43 AM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: 1971 windshield molding question. (C-3 454)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. Last night was one of those nights of siting in the garage and trying to figure out where and how things go back together. Both of your comments help out a lot. I was starting to panic a little because I could not find one diagram in any of my books, catalogues or service manuals for doing this job. I guess it is one of those jobs that they feel you should have sense enough to figure out yourself. :yesnod:
Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To 1971 windshield molding question.

Quick Reply: 1971 windshield molding question.