C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 06:18 PM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX

I thought I just seen a post of someone buying an engine from this company :confused:
If you know of this company,....please provide any info on their quality and ability to build the motor in a timely manner.
Looking at their 383 Stroker 470 HP....seems it has all the right parts (Forged) and a solid mech roller cam....with Dart Pro 1 230 Alum heads...good prices....just wondering about quality and getting the motor in a timely manner..... :seeya Cappy
Old 07-10-2002, 06:31 PM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX (8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE)

Whatever you do (and this applies to any company), make sure you pay with a credit card. Don't send a money order or check!

By using a credit card, you have certain rights. If there's a problem, you can place the transaction in dispute with your credit card issuer ... and let them worry about it! :D
Old 07-10-2002, 07:34 PM
DELTA DART
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX (page62)

Thanks page62,

That's good info to know before going into a large purchase such as this....Too many things can go wrong...like not getting the parts installed as claimed in their advertisement, or refusing to sending the engine within a reasonable time frame after payment is made.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX (DELTA DART)

Or the damn thing spinning a bearing after 100 miles and them starting off by telling you what you did wrong instead of asking you what you did before start up.

Careful on the deposit since it can be taken and be after the 60 day (I think that is the period) dispute period before you get the engine. That happen to me and my credit card company said I had to try to physically return it. That would have cost me almost a $1000 if they refused to accept delivery and then I still wasn't able to dispute the deposit. It was a real mess and a costly leason learned. Thanks Speed-o-Motive. Let's see... how many shots have I taken at them... NOT ENOUGH!

I would try an engine builder local if you can so if there is a problem they have to deal with you face to face, not over the phone.

[Modified by Fevre, 7:30 PM 7/10/2002]
Old 07-11-2002, 12:10 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Default Re: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX (page62)

page62,

That's odd you should say this......after speaking with the owner I told him I would give him my credit card number so he could start the build....he said he prefered I pay in cashiers check or money order sent via his FedEx account....Could this be what you are talking about and sort of odd not to accept payment by credit card? I took a beating in the past buying crate motor through a crate motor dealer....don't tell me they are all crooks :eek: :seeya Cappy
Old 07-11-2002, 01:08 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Cappy! DO NOT send him a cashiers check. If he won't accept a credit card as payment, then there is something wrong with his business. Now if he doesn't want to take the credit card due to cutting his overhead (card companies charge a percentage of the charge back to the company that accepts it) you can offer to give him an extra 3% on his price for accepting the card. That should offset any loss he would see from taking the card. PLEASE DON'T PAY HIM CASH!
Old 07-11-2002, 03:44 AM
nunus79
Drifting

Default Re: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX (Smokehouse69)

Cappy
Heed the warnings of the wisemen above! Plus you got burned once, why open yourself up again.

Have you been to Ron's Performance Shop lately? Might be worth a visit. The last few times I was there, they had 2 Bill Mitchell crate engines on display. Beautiful 415" & 427" strokers. All the best pieces sitting in that awesome aftermarket block. Prices were competitive with Summit's pricing, so you could save a bundle in shipping cost. Best of all, you can deal with problems locally, if any should ever arise. At least give this option some thought.
Norris

PS: I'm knocking on Mr. 12s door! 13.2@105 w/2.1 60 ft. Drag radials coming soon!!! Hopefully 1.9 60s and BINGO. Sounds like you want to start playing bingo again????
Old 07-11-2002, 05:48 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Default Re: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX (nunus79)

Yeah nunus79,
Looks like some good advice....I may have to look at the engines Rons has....I didn't see any 427's there. However I have not been in there for about a month, so they may have some new ones on the floor that I haven't seen yet....This clacking sound in my motor is driving me nuts....I just want to see that sound go away already.....Maybe I should rip her down and install AFR's 190 with a roller cam....while at it replace all the pistons with forged aluminum with total seal rings....think that would eliminate the clacking sound?????? :confused: :seeya Cappy
Old 07-11-2002, 12:38 PM
77-4speed
Instructor

Cappy,

Another thing you could suggest is making payment via paypal. You can then pay with your credit card and he will not have to pay a 3% fee. I have used paypal for a number of on-line transactions and have always been satisfied.

Russ
Old 07-11-2002, 01:09 PM
Mr.Gearhead
Burning Brakes

Hi guys, I have been racking my brains about the motor dilema for like 7 months. Even after all the post wishes.. ie I'm getting this motor and LOOK AT THE DEAL I FOUND.... I still think a good local shop is hard to beat. They are; close, minimal shipping, you can watch the motor take shape and ask questions while installing. I found most shops in my area are only a couple hundred off everyone else. Just something to think about......

Get notified of new replies

To All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX

Quick Reply: All Chevy Engines in Whitney, TX