C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with the cruise control wires

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
newvetman
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default What to do with the cruise control wires

I am 4 years into a frame off restoration on my 1977 and I am at the point of hooking up/ repairing the the wiring harnesses.As well I am removing any components that I no longer need. I have enjoyed the process so far because I am in no hurry. Today I came across the transducer wires and vacuum line for the cruise control ie cc. My car didn't come to me with any of the components of the cc and I am trying to figure out the best way to remove them. ( the parts are hard to find and I don't personally need cc)
So here are my questions
1. do i need to plug off the vacuum line?
2. should I cut the transducer wires and vac line inside the car and just cap off the ends going up the steering column?
3. or should I coil up the wire and vac hose inside the firewall incase the next owner wants to track down the missing parts and reinstall the cc?
4. and why the heck is the brown wire on the lead so much longer than the white one???

Last edited by newvetman; 01-03-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM
thegazman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thegazman

The cruise control wire harness is separate from the rest of the wiring. You can remove with out affecting anything else. At least on my 79 that's the way it was when I removed it.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 PM
newvetman
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thegazman
The cruise control wire harness is separate from the rest of the wiring. You can remove with out affecting anything else. At least on my 79 that's the way it was when I removed it.
Ok sounds good. Maybe I didn't trace if far enough back to find a disconnect.
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To What to do with the cruise control wires

Quick Reply: What to do with the cruise control wires