C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 -> 80 bumper question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:35 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 77 -> 80 bumper question

Okay okay, I know it's been asked to death, but I had a bit of a different idea that's not most people's cup of tea, but then again, neither is swapping a 78+ dash into a 77 Vette.

Anyways, I was looking at the 80+ rear bumpers with their molded spoiler, and was wondering if anyone had done a "half bumper swap"?

What I mean by that is taking a 77 fiberglass bumper and a 80 fiberglass bumper and putting them together. I am among the minority of people (if any others exist) that like the look of the bumperettes on the bumpers.

I was thinking of taking the top half of the 80+ bumper and molding the bottom half of the 77 bumper. Does anyone have any pics of such a modification?

Fiberglass bumpers are expensive, so I was also wondering if anyone knew anyone selling used fiberglass bumpers (one of each) in decent shape for a good price.

OR if it could be done with the urethane versions of the bumpers since that is what came on these cars and there are an abundance of them around.....and how would once go about fuzing the urethane bumpers?

Quick Reply: 77 -> 80 bumper question