C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coil and ignition wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default coil and ignition wiring harness

My ignition wiring coming from/to the hei is looking tired and cracked. Bubba has spliced together the wire I need to unplug for timing it properly also. What are my options for replacing the wiring here? I work in avionics by trade so I'm not scared to de-pin and re-pin the plugs, but if there is a harness kit that fits I would go that way. I see the engine harness from ecklers, but its large and I don't want to go that far yet. The car is running great still, went through an entire tank of fuel this weekend going to the hot springs meet and back and cruising around. I'm just trying to get ahead of this before it strands me.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 PM
TimAT
Le Mans Master

Received 424 Likes on 385 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Use 10 gauge wire, (it's really big from a sparky's view), go to the fuse block and find an IGN terminal. Plug in there and run the wire out to the HEI and done.

BTW- retired sparky- gave it up and went to inspection. I thought avionics was a good gig until I went to QC. No more chasing 100+ feet of 24 gauge wire to find the break.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The engine wiring harness is easily replaced. The current Electric Limited harnesses have far superior insulation compared to the old GM harness. Forum vendor Wilcox has some of the best pricing for Electric Limited products.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Have you used the harness from electric limited? Does it include the ignition module wiring at the distributor? I was hoping to hear there was a kit just for that area.

to clarify the gm 4 pin ignition module to coil harness is everywhere, and around 20 bucks. I have not been able to locate the same for a 7 pin module like I have.

Last edited by Arkyvette; 05-05-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To coil and ignition wiring harness

Quick Reply: coil and ignition wiring harness