C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mcleod street pro clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:38 AM
Belgian1979vette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Mcleod street pro clutch

Anyone using this clutch. How is engagement ? Does it have any chatter ? How is wear on these (seen the fact they are a different composition of the clutch.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Big Block Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 78 Posts

I installed this clutch when I first got my car.

The pedal feel is definitely lighter than the stock clutch, however I do have some chatter when it gets warmed up...but the chatter is most likely my fault from improper break in, as I started romping on it almost immediately.

With that said, the chatter is not super noticeable, and it doesn't have any slippage in high gear. If your motor is stock to mildly modified, this clutch should work well, but also do some research on LUK clutches. Probably would perform just as well and save a couple of bucks.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:47 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

I would steer you away from Mcleod, they seem to emphanzise "Precision machining" for their products. I bought an expensive scattershield from them and I had a problem even getting it over the dowels on my brand new Motown small block, when I finally did and tried to dial it in it was so far off that I doubt I could have done it with the biggest offset dowels available.

I put my stock L48 bellhousing ( on the same new Motown block ) and it didn't need to be dialed in at all, same for the Lakewood scattershield. The next one is going to be a Quicktime.

They should rename the company Lucky Mcleod
Old 05-17-2014, 06:41 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I myself use SPEC clutches and flywheels. I often times get the kit due to it being balanced...and there are numerous discs you can get form them.

DUB
Old 05-17-2014, 08:36 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

I love my McCleod RST twin disc clutch. Best clutch I ever had.

Get notified of new replies

To Mcleod street pro clutch

Quick Reply: Mcleod street pro clutch