C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shocked at Paint Job Prices . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:15 PM
chevygod
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

198plus,

Your post is very important in this thread, but can you break down the cost of this example, maybe "the materials for the PW and DC 4000 cost $XX" so we can get a handle on what the actual dis- and reassembly, gap repair, sanding and spraying labor took in time and cost in hours? Then we can see what $10K gets us. If you wish to break this project down completely, it would be an great education.

Also, if I may ask, how long was this project? Not just actual hours worked, but days in the shop?

TIA,
Tom

Last edited by chevygod; 09-12-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:42 PM
198plus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevygod
198plus,

Your post is very important in this thread, but can you break down the cost of this example, maybe "the materials for the PW and DC 4000 cost $XX" so we can get a handle on what the actual dis- and reassembly, gap repair, sanding and spraying labor took in time and cost in hours? Then we can see what $10K gets us. If you wish to break this project down completely, it would be an great education.

Also, if I may ask, how long was this project? Not just actual hours worked, but days in the shop?

TIA,
Tom
If I remember right, paint cost on PPG DBC Pearl white and DC4000 clear right at 1500 dollars. Total time at shop 6-8 weeks of which we are working on other projects at the same time.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:04 AM
lurch59
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I just added up the body shop hours, it came to about 160 hours. That included rebuilding the door hardware because a lot of the parts were worn making the windows very hard to crank.
Shop materials were 1662 for paint, 268 for shop materials and 400 for sandblasting. This included gelcoating.
And then you have new chrome and polishing stainless and lenses...

Quick Reply: Shocked at Paint Job Prices . . .