C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no air control in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:21 AM
biackbenz
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts

Default no air control in cabin

New water control valve and AIM cd on the way.

I only get air from the passenger vent located on the lrft side of rhe console. Doesnt matter what position the selector switch is in. I have vacuum at the end of the tube that feeds the water valve which I now plugged waiting for a valve to attach it to! The vacuum does go on and off as I adjust the temp control. This does verify that I have vacuum in the cabin area.

I suspect I might have a bad vacuum controller. So can you help me with these questions:

Does the vacuum controller wear out or break?

Is it rebuildable, or even worth rebuilding as a new one is 15 bucks?

I can't remove any tubes on the back of the controller feeding into a clear plastic fitting . Are these things glued in never to be removed?

What turns on the air conditioner?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 09:00 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by biackbenz
New water control valve and AIM cd on the way.

I only get air from the passenger vent located on the lrft side of rhe console. Doesnt matter what position the selector switch is in. I have vacuum at the end of the tube that feeds the water valve which I now plugged waiting for a valve to attach it to! The vacuum does go on and off as I adjust the temp control. This does verify that I have vacuum in the cabin area.

I suspect I might have a bad vacuum controller. So can you help me with these questions:

Does the vacuum controller wear out or break?
YES
Is it rebuildable, or even worth rebuilding as a new one is 15 bucks?
Buy a new one
I can't remove any tubes on the back of the controller feeding into a clear plastic fitting . Are these things glued in never to be removed?
LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!
What turns on the air conditioner?
The lever set to MAX a/c. AS long as you have power and enough Freon in the system ...power should make it to the compressor. You need a wiring diagram and look at it.
Thanks
If the air is coming out at the floor...you are in 'default' mode. I would change the vacuum switch if for sure you know you have vacuum coming in on eh solid black hose in the clear connector.

DUB
Old 08-18-2014, 11:14 PM
biackbenz
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts

I installed a new water control valve. It works. I now can control the heat. An added bonus is I now can control the air to the defroster, dash vents or floor! I guess the open vacuum line was my problem. Now onto air conditioner.

Thanks for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To no air control in cabin

Quick Reply: no air control in cabin