C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Seat Release Strap

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:47 PM
rabante2
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Seat Release Strap

Hello Everyone. I am brand new to the forum. I am in the process of restoring a 1975 Stingray. Right now I have only one question. I have finished restoring one seat. My question is this. How do I engage the seat strap release with the seat release button? The seat at present does not lock in place. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Richard
Old 08-28-2014, 07:20 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

If the seat back is not locking in place...you either do not have the rubber tops and stop bolts screwed in all the way.. OR ..you seat cover is binding not allowing the seat back to go all the way back...OR you have the seat back strap installed backwards on the bottom frame. This strap can ONLY go on one way CORRECTLY to work.

You do not need to touch the release button to get the strap to engage and lock the seat.

DUB
Old 08-28-2014, 07:41 PM
rabante2
4th Gear

Default Seat Strap

Originally Posted by DUB
If the seat back is not locking in place...you either do not have the rubber tops and stop bolts screwed in all the way.. OR ..you seat cover is binding not allowing the seat back to go all the way back...OR you have the seat back strap installed backwards on the bottom frame. This strap can ONLY go on one way CORRECTLY to work.

You do not need to touch the release button to get the strap to engage and lock the seat.

DUB
Thank you DUB. I will try reversing the strap at the bottom. Thanks again........Richard
Old 08-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Cavu2u
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts

My drivers seat is the same way: doesn't lock in the upright position. Problem is, it's adjusted perfectly for me as far as recline is concerned. Inertial reel for the shoulder strap (that passes through the seat back) works great though.

Seems I remember a time when bucket seats didn't lock upright, no?

Steve
Old 08-30-2014, 01:44 PM
rabante2
4th Gear

Default Seat Strap Release

Originally Posted by rabante2
Thank you DUB. I will try reversing the strap at the bottom. Thanks again........Richard

Hello DUB, you were 100% correct about the seat strap bottom being attached correctly. The seat is locking and working fine now. I thank you sincerely for your help. It seems that there is always the correct way and then there is my way. If you ever get to Prescott Valley, AZ, I'll buy you a Double Whopper or a steak if you prefer. Thanks again.

Richard

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Seat Release Strap

Quick Reply: C3 Seat Release Strap