C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear inner fender repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
pnewt
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Default rear inner fender repair

Looking for tips on repairing the inner fender 'lips' on my 68. PO had larger tires on it and apparently hit the fenders at every bump in the road. Its just the inner side as you cannot see the damage from the side. Pieces are missing but mostly intact may not be explaining this too well but hopefully those who have had this problem can help. I'll add a pic to show how it looks from the side Thanks Paul btw the rears only
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2014, 04:29 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

You should know by now that good photo's of your problem will be required. SO..please post good photo's...and also PLEASE do not get so close to the problem that I can see the atoms that make up the fiberglass. I need to see the problem 'somewhat' close up and one photo a bit further away so I know where the damage is located.

DUB
Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 PM
pnewt
Burning Brakes

Dub its only the lip inside the rear wheel wells broken in several spots and missing in a couple- only on the top where tires hit- I'll try to get pic but thought it was a common problem with these cars. My pics are to show that the outside are normal looking see what I can do tomorrow
Old 09-01-2014, 05:17 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by pnewt
Dub its only the lip inside the rear wheel wells broken in several spots and missing in a couple- only on the top where tires hit- I'll try to get pic but thought it was a common problem with these cars. My pics are to show that the outside are normal looking see what I can do tomorrow
If I can see the problem...which I know can be 'normal'....still will allow me to comment on what to do to fix it. IF I can not see it...I am guessing....unless that is what you want me to do????

DUB
Old 09-01-2014, 07:44 PM
pnewt
Burning Brakes

Default lips

DUB I'll get pic for you to check out. Wasnt home today to do it. A ' guess from an experienced guy is better than what Ive come up with !!! Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To rear inner fender repair

Quick Reply: rear inner fender repair