C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random '69 C3 Wiring Harness Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 PM
sumcollegekid
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Random '69 C3 Wiring Harness Questions

Guys,

Here's some questions that I can't seem to find the answers for. Your input is appreciated. Once I have all this straightened out then it's time to start the car!!! I'll be sure to post vids.

Thanks
Sum

1. (Random non-wiring question) Are the front large bumper bracket seal (flaps) positioned on the wheel well side or on the headlight side of the front of the wheel well? Which way do the staples point? Prongs into the wheel well or towards the headlight?

2. Where does the capacitor for the blower motor mount?

3. Where (about) does the split in the wiring harness occur for the wires to go down to the starter motor? Is it after the wiper motor or somewhere by the heater box? My dis-assembly pictures don't have enough detail and I had some pretty extensive harness repairs.

4. How are the big red wires from the horn relay above the vacuum tank routed? I have power windows and the one to my PW fuse on the firewall was out of the taped harness upon dis-assembly. NCRS docked me points in survivor judging as a "partial re-wire" but there was also a lot of things where I lost points that were actually correct upon my research. The PW wire pre-disassembly passed under the master cylinder loose, came back up and went under the vacuum relay on the firewall to the lower terminal. The other red wire (power input) is also out of the taped harness until it reaches down by the fuse panel where it finally enters. Is this correct or should it be inside the taped harness? Any idea about the PW wire?

5. Where are the headlights grounded to on the driver side. On my car pre-disassembly the large ground wire terminal (nickel sized) was terminated on the front of the radiator support with my TI box ground. It seems though that the hole in the terminal is too large for this area and might go to a headlight bracket mount bolt maybe??

6. Is the wiring harness for the headlights above the actuators using "press in" wrap T-straps that also hold the vacuum lines with the wiring? My harness has "press in" horizontal pieces that are taped to the harness and the vacuum lines were tie wrapped with T-straps.

7. How are the headlight wires off of the front harness going to the headlights? Does the "branch" off of the main harness (containing the 2 headlight connectors, fiber optics, and headlight indicator) supposed to sneak into the area on either side of the top of the vacuum actuator? I'm talking about the small area between the edge of the actuator and the headlight support bracket?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Originally Posted by sumcollegekid
Guys,

Here's some questions that I can't seem to find the answers for. Your input is appreciated. Once I have all this straightened out then it's time to start the car!!! I'll be sure to post vids.

Thanks
Sum

1. (Random non-wiring question) Are the front large bumper bracket seal (flaps) positioned on the wheel well side or on the headlight side of the front of the wheel well? Which way do the staples point? Prongs into the wheel well or towards the headlight?

2. Where does the capacitor for the blower motor mount?

3. Where (about) does the split in the wiring harness occur for the wires to go down to the starter motor? Is it after the wiper motor or somewhere by the heater box? My dis-assembly pictures don't have enough detail and I had some pretty extensive harness repairs.

4. How are the big red wires from the horn relay above the vacuum tank routed? I have power windows and the one to my PW fuse on the firewall was out of the taped harness upon dis-assembly. NCRS docked me points in survivor judging as a "partial re-wire" but there was also a lot of things where I lost points that were actually correct upon my research. The PW wire pre-disassembly passed under the master cylinder loose, came back up and went under the vacuum relay on the firewall to the lower terminal. The other red wire (power input) is also out of the taped harness until it reaches down by the fuse panel where it finally enters. Is this correct or should it be inside the taped harness? Any idea about the PW wire?

5. Where are the headlights grounded to on the driver side. On my car pre-disassembly the large ground wire terminal (nickel sized) was terminated on the front of the radiator support with my TI box ground. It seems though that the hole in the terminal is too large for this area and might go to a headlight bracket mount bolt maybe??

6. Is the wiring harness for the headlights above the actuators using "press in" wrap T-straps that also hold the vacuum lines with the wiring? My harness has "press in" horizontal pieces that are taped to the harness and the vacuum lines were tie wrapped with T-straps.

7. How are the headlight wires off of the front harness going to the headlights? Does the "branch" off of the main harness (containing the 2 headlight connectors, fiber optics, and headlight indicator) supposed to sneak into the area on either side of the top of the vacuum actuator? I'm talking about the small area between the edge of the actuator and the headlight support bracket?
1. Flaps are on the wheel/tire side of the apron.

2. The capacitor mounts under the same screw as the single prong for the #14 black wire. The prong and wire are shown on
UPC 12, Sheet A-8. Since the capacitor isn't shown perhaps it was alread attached to the blower motor and heater box when the motor/box came to the line.

3. The split occurs past the wiper motor… near the wiper door safety switch on the firewall.

4. The heavy red wire is outside the wrapped harness. It's shown in UPC 12, Sheet A8. Called out as #10 Red. You can see it heading on it's way to the firewall in the lower center of this picture.

5. The head light ground using a hex headed screw on the left side of the core support just to the side of the opening for the radiate and about 1/2 way up.

6. The 'rectangular pieces should have a barbed
snout on them about 5/8" long.

Sorry for the delay.. many PMs to reply to.
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 09-02-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Random '69 C3 Wiring Harness Questions