C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine oil coming out the steering column

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:46 AM
manfroni
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine oil coming out the steering column

just kidding!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by manfroni
just kidding!
Made me look...
Old 09-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Ontario73
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It won't be engine oil leaking from the column; that's silly. It's most likely blinker fluid coming from the turn signal switch. Better have it serviced at Midas ASAP!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:34 AM
jnealg
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

madest thou look.
so endeth the trick.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:40 PM
BLUDICE
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Ontario73
It won't be engine oil leaking from the column; that's silly. It's most likely blinker fluid coming from the turn signal switch. Better have it serviced at Midas ASAP!
naw don't go there - go to the nearest Walmart Auto Center - and while you're at it have them adjust the muffler clutch too.

Good job - it made me look too!
But we won't get mad - we get EVEN!! LOL
Old 09-18-2014, 03:39 PM
glen242
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by manfroni
just kidding!
In spite of being a moderated Board, I have recently noticed an increase in BS postings. Are individuals, who post crap, being warned or disciplined?

Why is this allowed to continue? I look forward to an answer, from the "powers that be".

Am I out of line, or are there others who feel this way?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:57 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 543 Posts

You just forgot to push the dipstick in all the way. And to those who are offended by a good joke ( this was pretty funny I thought) lighten up I say. Life is too full of serious BS to get upset over something as trivial as this and call for the joke police.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:17 PM
chevygod
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Long ago in my misspent youth I worked at a shop that specialized in federalizing grey market European cars. Emissions, bumpers, door beams, speedos, the lot. Fun job for an 18 year old gearhead.

We had a Mercedes 300TD in the shop getting converted that needed the speedo recalibrated from KM to MPH. Parked the car in the corner, completely disconnected the battery, pulled the cluster undoing the electrical and the oil line, and put notes all over the car saying "Do Not Start - Oil Line Disconnected!"

Boss didn't read any of this, hooked up the battery and started the car from outside thru the drivers window, let it idle for a while to warm up. Pumped most of the crankcase full (5 to 8 qts?) of Delo oil into the front seat. Was not happy.

So seeing this post I helpfully thought, "Problems with you oil gage line?"
Old 09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Illegal Vette
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by glen242
In spite of being a moderated Board, I have recently noticed an increase in BS postings. Are individuals, who post crap, being warned or disciplined?

Why is this allowed to continue? I look forward to an answer, from the "powers that be".

"Engine oil coming out of my steering column" is genius and trumps BS postings complaints all day long.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 PM
pacecar620
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Am I out of line, ((YUP) or are there others who feel this way? (NOPE)
Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:06 PM
mds3013
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ICEHOLE!!! mike...
Old 09-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Illegal Vette
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mds3013
ICEHOLE!!! mike...
I'll never forget the first time I heard that watching Johnny Dangerously, I was crying I laughed so hard.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Ontario73
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you serious?! Most of us on here own Corvettes as a form of distraction from our real lives and the responsibilities of career, family, etc. I personally enjoy the little bit of levity that comes from our online friendships. Everyone of us has contributed in many positive ways in support of our common interests.

I will try my hardest to keep my future posts as dry and on topic as possible. If you like I can submit the proposed posts directly to you for approval first.

Last edited by Ontario73; 09-19-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:39 AM
glen242
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ontario73
Are you serious?! Most of us on here own Corvettes as a form of distraction from our real lives and the responsibilities of career, family, etc. I personally enjoy the little bit of levity that comes from our online friendships. Everyone of us has contributed in many positive ways in support of our common interests.

I will try my hardest to keep my future posts as dry and on topic as possible. If you like I can submit the proposed posts directly to you for approval first.
Cheers my ***. It seems that a lot of the BS posts originate from members who joined during the last 2-3 years.

Ontario73, if you want distraction from your real life and the responsibilities of career, family, etc. get a real life! If you personally crave levity, rather than Corvette articles, I am sure there are other
Boards that will fill the bill.

This Board, back in the old days, was not designed for LEVITY, but for legitimate Corvette questions and answers.

How the school children and wanna be school children managed to post BS on a technical forum, and get away with it, is beyond me.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:42 AM
BLUDICE
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Cheers my ***. It seems that a lot of the BS posts originate from members who joined during the last 2-3 years.

Ontario73, if you want distraction from your real life and the responsibilities of career, family, etc. get a real life! If you personally crave levity, rather than Corvette articles, I am sure there are other

This Board, back in the old days, was not designed for LEVITY, but for legitimate Corvette questions and answers.

How the school children and wanna be school children managed to post BS on a technical forum, and get away with it, is beyond me.
Wow - it think it's time for a beer break - I'm buying!!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:27 AM
71LS5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

As Walt said to Hank........" you got me!"
Old 09-20-2014, 08:34 PM
loup68
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 427 Likes on 322 Posts

Talking about BS postings, about three weeks ago I "lucked out" and was the second person to read a BS posting about "My New Car". It took you to a **** site that buried a PUP virus into my registry on my computer. No anti-virus can remove it. Anyway, the moderator that I e-mailed about it, said that this SOB posts about every day on all of the CF forums. It would have cost me a fortune to get my my computer fixed, but a friend fixed it for me. Lou.

Get notified of new replies

To engine oil coming out the steering column

Old 09-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Voodoo13
Racer

Originally Posted by loup68
Talking about BS postings, about three weeks ago I "lucked out" and was the second person to read a BS posting about "My New Car". It took you to a **** site that buried a PUP virus into my registry on my computer. No anti-virus can remove it. Anyway, the moderator that I e-mailed about it, said that this SOB posts about every day on all of the CF forums. It would have cost me a fortune to get my my computer fixed, but a friend fixed it for me. Lou.
That sucks - malicious posts are not cool. Jokes are a good change of pace. This one reeled me right in and made me laugh. Lighten up old timers. Things change, get used to it.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Humm. Haven't had a good meltdown in awhile. Thanks!

Beyond you? Perhaps volunteer to be a Mod. See how many threads you need to read, let alone the posts in those threads.

I have a real life BTW, family, work, ups and downs, like everybody else. My time is precious. I come to CF, whatever section, to relax and read about a HOBBY that many of us are fortunate to enjoy.

I now have two "__________'s" (insert whatever phrase you want) on my "blocks" list.

Cheers to you my corvette friend. This round is on me

Dodosmike

BTW, anybody know where I can get my counter clockwise muffler bearings lubed and aligned?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Voodoo13
Racer

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
Humm. Haven't had a good meltdown in awhile. Thanks!

Beyond you? Perhaps volunteer to be a Mod. See how many threads you need to read, let alone the posts in those threads.

I have a real life BTW, family, work, ups and downs, like everybody else. My time is precious. I come to CF, whatever section, to relax and read about a HOBBY that many of us are fortunate to enjoy.

I now have two "__________'s" (insert whatever phrase you want) on my "blocks" list.

Cheers to you my corvette friend. This round is on me

Dodosmike

BTW, anybody know where I can get my counter clockwise muffler bearings lubed and aligned?
CCW muffler bearings?
Canadian Tire of course!
Don't forget to collect those Canadian Tire dollars too!

Quick Reply: engine oil coming out the steering column