C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found out why my headlights won't come up, help with hose location, please

Old 09-22-2014, 01:17 PM
jaybird81
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default found out why my headlights won't come up, help with hose location, please

I posted a thread last week about my headlights not going up, and this weekend I looked into it and found my problem. When I swapped the motor I never hooked up the Headlight vacuum check valve filter (beige piece with one male conector on both ends). It is hooked up to the Vacuum canister valve (Silver piece one male on one end and 2 male on the other). I believe the missing house should have come off the old manifold? I was hoping someone could post a picture of where the hose from the other end of that valve comes from please?
Now that I re-read what I typed, I'm thinking, can I just use any vacuum coming off my manifold?
Old 09-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Brians1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Correct - Attach main vacuum feed for headlight to Manifold vacuum. On my 81 there is a vacuum "T" behind the carb that feeds my headlights as well as my Trans vacuum and MAP sensor. ZIP Corvettes has great vacuum diagrams - go to their site and you should be good to stare and compare.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:34 PM
jaybird81
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brians1
Correct - Attach main vacuum feed for headlight to Manifold vacuum. On my 81 there is a vacuum "T" behind the carb that feeds my headlights as well as my Trans vacuum and MAP sensor. ZIP Corvettes has great vacuum diagrams - go to their site and you should be good to stare and compare.
Thanks. Will do. I don't have the stock manifold anymore so I will try and grab some manifold vacuum somewhere. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To found out why my headlights won't come up, help with hose location, please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: found out why my headlights won't come up, help with hose location, please