C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removel of ac condensor and compressor (76)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 07:19 PM
SLO RDE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removel of ac condensor and compressor (76)

I'am starting to to tear into my radiator replacement job. I'am going with the new aluminum radiator and electric fan like I've seen a few people here go Since I already have my radiator out and I was already going to remove the air cond compressor (more room less motor drive) I started thinking of removing my air cond condensor in front of my radiator Will I get any benefits from this? cooler radiator, more air less weight,?Do I have to remove my hood for this job to reach the hoses on the side the condensor? Any body have any bad sides to this job I really don't care about keeping the car correct but I would still keep the parts for some day down the road somebody might want to put it them back on. Thanks for any advice or opinions on this . Carver (SLO RDE 76 L-48 auto)
Old 07-30-2002, 10:13 PM
trw
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Removel of ac condensor and compressor (SLO RDE)

If you have a rad and are taking the compressor out, no need for the condensor. Yes more air flow and less weight.

Four bolts and two lines and it's out.

Terry
Old 07-31-2002, 12:10 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Removel of ac condensor and compressor (trw)

True, no need for the condensor, but I left mine in if for no other reason than to protect the radiator from junk in the road......I run a 160 degree stat and the temp stays right there so air flow is not an issue with me. :D

Get notified of new replies

To Removel of ac condensor and compressor (76)

Quick Reply: Removel of ac condensor and compressor (76)