C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 01:55 PM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Default Brake issues

Under hard braking my right rear brake locks up. I just replaced my rubber brake lines with steel braided lines but it was doing it before too. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 AM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by AirborneSilva
Under hard braking my right rear brake locks up. I just replaced my rubber brake lines with steel braided lines but it was doing it before too. Any ideas? Thanks
That's a tough one! A couple of thoughts, is it possible the left rear needs bleeding? Maybe a caliper or piston problem in the left one too (are you braking hard enough that the left rear should be locking up too, or is the right one prematurely locking up before the left?).
Old 10-06-2014, 07:06 AM
AirborneSilva
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by F22
That's a tough one! A couple of thoughts, is it possible the left rear needs bleeding? Maybe a caliper or piston problem in the left one too (are you braking hard enough that the left rear should be locking up too, or is the right one prematurely locking up before the left?).
Hey F22, thanks for the reply. I don't believe that while I am braking hard it should be hard enough for the right rear to lock up but then again I've been driving vehicles with anti lock brakes for several years now. I did bleed all brakes when I put the new steel braided lines on. This was also happening before I put the new brake lines on, was hoping that possibly this would cure it.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the brake pads, they are the original ones that were on it when I bought the car a bit over two years ago so perhaps the pads on the left are contaminated and are just not grabbing like they should.

Thanks again for the reply

Get notified of new replies

To Brake issues

Quick Reply: Brake issues