C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ! ignition linkage hook up

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:41 AM
bcoolair
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got my steering column repaired and all back in except cant figure out were rod from ignition goes. i did have to remove a small part with electric contacts on it and dont remember how or were it goes. driving ne crazy ! any help needed pics woud be a big plus. thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

need help with early 79 vette ignition linkage. got steering coumn repaired now cant figure out were bar from ignition goes. i remember taking abart a small piece with electric tabs on it to remove but cant figure this out ! should have taken pic !!!!! any help needed , pics a big plus !!!! thanks
Old 10-14-2014, 05:21 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

If you have the rod in your hand....and this rod is the one that gets slid into your ignition switch that gets mounted on the top of the column....you are screwed. The column needs to come back apart because you will NEVER get that rod to connect to the part while it is in the car and assembled.

This rod should have a 90 degree bend on one end...and the other has a special end made out of aluminum/pot metal. If that is the one you have...it need to come back apart.

DUB

Quick Reply: HELP ! ignition linkage hook up