C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75 corvette Tac blows gauge fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Dennis Brooks
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75 corvette Tac blows gauge fuse

Im working on a friends 75 Vette and it blows the gauge fuse. I have the center gauges out and it still blew the fuse. After finding a wire diagram I found out all that was connected to the .....gauge fuse..... the Tac is one of the other things that the pink wire split off to. So I unplugged the Tac and NO MORE BLOWING the fuse. But when I do a continuity check of the gauge there is no short. Anyone got any ideas? I know I can replace the circuit board for $58 dollars, but I dont want to do it untill I know that is the problem................Thanks Dennis
Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis Brooks
Im working on a friends 75 Vette and it blows the gauge fuse. I have the center gauges out and it still blew the fuse. After finding a wire diagram I found out all that was connected to the .....gauge fuse..... the Tac is one of the other things that the pink wire split off to. So I unplugged the Tac and NO MORE BLOWING the fuse. But when I do a continuity check of the gauge there is no short. Anyone got any ideas? I know I can replace the circuit board for $58 dollars, but I dont want to do it untill I know that is the problem................Thanks Dennis
About the only thing I can think of that would cause this when a continuity test doesn't show a short is a bad tach board.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Dennis Brooks
3rd Gear

Default Thank You

Originally Posted by JimLentz
About the only thing I can think of that would cause this when a continuity test doesn't show a short is a bad tach board.
Thank you for your input.............Dennis
Old 10-23-2014, 05:54 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

It could be a short inside the meter (movement) so be sure to take a hard look at that when you remove it. If the short is strong enough to blow the fuse you should see some signs of it on the board. (did you get my email)?

Willcox
Old 10-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Dennis Brooks
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
It could be a short inside the meter (movement) so be sure to take a hard look at that when you remove it. If the short is strong enough to blow the fuse you should see some signs of it on the board. (did you get my email)?

Willcox
Yes I got your email and I replayed to it. It is a long one telling you what I found out. I would write it out here but Im not a typer and it takes me TO long to type. I will just say on here that I hooked up a OLD tac to the Vette and it worked so I ordered a new board.............Thank you Dennis Brooks

Get notified of new replies

To 75 corvette Tac blows gauge fuse

Quick Reply: 75 corvette Tac blows gauge fuse