C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl dye

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:24 PM
MyklB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vinyl dye

I have my dash ((gauges and map panel) dash is in great shape) pulled and need to re dye them and my center console. Can anyone tell me the black i should be looking for and product. Also if another product should be used for plastic pieces like the kick panels. Thanks, Mike
Old 10-23-2014, 08:52 PM
keithl1967
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I used the Corvette America manufactured dye for my entire interior. it is buckskin, not black, but looks to be correct.

Check them out--I am sure they have the correct color for your year and interior...

I was skeptical at first, but it covers very nicely, with the 'ahesion proomotoer" for har parts (kick panels), and their clear coat...
Old 10-25-2014, 05:47 PM
MyklB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keithl1967
I used the Corvette America manufactured dye for my entire interior. it is buckskin, not black, but looks to be correct.

Check them out--I am sure they have the correct color for your year and interior...

I was skeptical at first, but it covers very nicely, with the 'ahesion proomotoer" for har parts (kick panels), and their clear coat...
Thanks much, just got their catalog. It looks like a little more work than I thought, but then quality always is.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:14 PM
TX-Techman
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts

I did my 69 with the Corvette America dye. I used the dye surface prep for an undercoat and it worked great. Mine has the bright blue interior but I would expect black to work great too.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 PM
gjohnson
Drifting

Received 356 Likes on 247 Posts

I also used Corvette America dye,light buckskin. Very happy w/results

Get notified of new replies

To Vinyl dye

Quick Reply: Vinyl dye