C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC and condenser !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:11 AM
mohd2116
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC and condenser !!

hi guys

,, im looking for a solution to upgrade the efficiency of the air condition system ,, recently i'm using sanden 508 and it is made in Australia i fixed it new and the gas is ok but still it is only cold when i drive and once i stopped the efficiency goes down !!!

Note: my engine is LS1 + with 3 rows aluminum radiator with electric dual fan
Corvette 1977.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:00 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,605 Posts

R12 or R134, if R134 what other changes if any did you do to the A/C system?
Old 10-29-2014, 07:47 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Your electric fans are running when you turn your A/C ON...correct??? IF NOT,,,they need to...so air is being pulled across the condenser.

DUB
Old 10-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Did you flush your AC system prior to installing your Sanden compressor? The condenser or evaporator core might have some residual gunk in it. There is a different condenser offered which claims to cool better. Pm me if you need the link.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 AM
mohd2116
Heel & Toe

Default R134

yes the electric fan is working with the compressor , I already replace the condenser to new one ,, but when I took the car to the AC shop he told me the efficiency for the compressor is little down ,,

Our weather is like taxes so hot , I need stronger compressor better than sanden 508 ,, any advice !!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:58 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by mohd2116
yes the electric fan is working with the compressor , I already replace the condenser to new one ,, but when I took the car to the AC shop he told me the efficiency for the compressor is little down ,,

Our weather is like taxes so hot , I need stronger compressor better than sanden 508 ,, any advice !!
BOTH fans run when the A/c is on...correct??? You wrote 'electric fan'....not fans.

You have all the foam seals between the radiator and the radiator support...correct???? They are very important. Anything you can do to make sure the air is being drawn through the radiator...and thus....drawing air across the condenser...is what will help your A/C at idle and sitting still.

You also have the weatherstrip at the top of the hood so when it closes...it stop air getting into the cowl...CORRECT???

DO you have a hot water shut off valve...and is it working???? It may be loosing vacuum at idle ...for some odd reason...thus allowing hot water to flow...and when you drive it..it will close. This problem can be identified by making sure the aluminum vacuum check valve that is on the drivers side is actually a good one-way check valve. If the vacuum system can not build and hold vacuum...and the system is open....you could be having a hot water shut off valve that has a mind of its own due to vacuum supply changing.

How is you air flow in the car when it is on high speed air????

If the air flow is in question...I would seriously look into the evaporator core and see if it is block with leaves and debris...which is know to occur.

DUB
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 AM
mohd2116
Heel & Toe

im sorry for not replied on your advice ,, but yes all what you advice is correct i checked them all i didn't find any problems but i found some of vacuum lines was almost dead , i changed them ,, but the problem was on the fans it self ,, the dynamo was weak with no reason i replace them and now it is good

thank you all ,, and thanx DUB

Get notified of new replies

To AC and condenser !!

Quick Reply: AC and condenser !!