C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydroboost

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 PM
nova454ss
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydroboost

Hi, Ive been doing alot of searching and reading about hydroboost. This is not on a corvette but a 78 chevy nova. I have posted on camaro, nova, and chevelle sites with no help. I seen you guys have been doing hydroboost and its the same thing. I hope you guys can help with my project.

I bought hydroboost unit 178-0700 which is from a 05-07 hummer. I think its also the same model as on tallon hydraulics. Its a reman unit so it doesnt have the mc push rod, spring, or retainer.

I would like to use my stock master cylinder for now. which Im 99% sure its same as the 77-up corvette short rod mc, just its for disc/drum. I tried to just put the mc up against the hydroboost today and it looks like i will have to drill out the holes on the mc alittle to get it over the studs. Did you guys have to do that? also the hydroboost hole where the mc slides in is bigger then the mc. I think the hydroboost is 1" 3/4" maybe 2" but i was told gm only made 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" is that ok?

what length push rod do i need? its concaved/dimple like the mc on the hydroboost. Also its kind deep in the hydroboost.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have installed assembled units from Hydra-tech. Maybe call them and see if they can shed any light on your dilemma.

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

DUB

Quick Reply: Hydroboost