C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

key seat belt buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:01 PM
biackbenz
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts

Default key seat belt buzzer

As some pinhead in government must have been watching out for me better than I, I guess I should fix my buzzer alarm. Really I dont care but I would like to make it work.
I am guessing the black box in the picture with the sort of speaker holes is the buzzer. Is this also the horn relay the manual refers to?
If the horn relay is something else, where is it? What does it look like?

The black box has a pink, yellow and two black wires. None of them have any voltage. Dome light , horn, seat belt light all work.

How can I check to see if the buzzer is any good?

What else should I check.?

The manual says to find terminal 1 and 4. Jump #4 to ground. If the buzzer works check ignition switch. It does not work. Next put a voltmeter on terminal #1. I have no voltage indicating an open between here and battery. No idea where to go with that.

Almost fogot this is a 1978.

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2014, 05:41 PM
hugie82
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm pretty sure some venders sell a replacement buzzer box. They're for head lights on with ign off and seat belts. It's rare that something else will be the problem when those boxes get kicked around for 30 years. Mine use to buzz all by itself so I unplugged it and never looked back.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

What do "pinheads in the government" have to do with anything? You're working on a thirty-five year old used car.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Brian79
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Type Brian79 in the search box I have some post there, had problem with mine but got it working you may find some of the info useful to yours.
Mine is a "79"

Get notified of new replies

To key seat belt buzzer

Quick Reply: key seat belt buzzer