C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 wiper actuator adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 11:56 PM
kobra01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 wiper actuator adjustment

I did search but really didn't find what I am looking for. I am replacing the wiper door actuator and advise is to put tape on the actuator shaft where it connects to the long nut that goes thru the firewall so I have a measurement for the new actuator. Well my new after market actuator shaft is not same length as old shaft.

So what is the proper way to adjust the opening and closing of the wiper door. Is there a measurement of how far the door should open relative to the windshield, or?

Thanks for any advise.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi k01,
The wiper sheet in the AIM offers information on installing the original actuator.
Because the LENGTH of the actuator shaft isn't part of what determines the adjustment I'd think it applies to your repro actuator too.
With the door in the CLOSED position the rod coming out of the actuator is pulled all the way toward the REAR of the car.
Under that condition there should be 3/8" +- 1/8" from the small nut that locks against the long nut to the piston. This means you should be seeing ABOUT 1/2" of rod coming out of the actuator.
It's shown in the AIM in UPC 1asm, Sheet D4, Actuator Valve and Limit Switch, View 'C'.
You use the 'stop' screw adjustment on the outer ends of the wiper door mechanism to stop the door even with the fender trim and wiper grill.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 11-25-2014, 04:27 PM
kobra01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Alan, found it in my AIM. Guess I need an AIM for dummies.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Passion4Corvettes
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Aim

I've used my AIM over the years to fix most body type fitting issues. Also good when restoring your car and forgetting exactly where things go!

Get notified of new replies

To 71 wiper actuator adjustment

Quick Reply: 71 wiper actuator adjustment