C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump to carb set ups.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:21 PM
NICK9818
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump to carb set ups.

So I had just recently got A holley carb (770 street avenger) for my 76 and I go to put a new fuel pump in and the main fuel line that goes to the pump and carb had ended up getting rounded off. So I decided to just cut it off and get a new set up. And then I came to the realization that I have no idea what to buy. Because I've seen tons of different set ups. If someone could tell me theirs and maybe give me some pointers on what to get that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:07 PM
dan1495
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

The reproduction LT1 fuel line sold at most of the Corvette parts vendors might work. At Corvette Central it is part # 353228. I know it will work on that carb but intake height might be an issue depending on what you are running.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Part of the job of converting your car over to a custom aftermarket carb is the fabrication and installation of a custom fuel line: you can’t install that carb without some fabrication work.

Many people will simply clamp on some rubber fuel hose from the pump to the carb and call it good. Many of those cars catch fire and burn to the ground. So fabricating a steel hard-line, or running fuel flex lines with proper fittings, is recommended.

The other thing you need to consider is the installation of an in-line filter with that carb. Your original Q-Jet has an in-carb filter, and you will now need a good in-line filter as part of your fuel line assembly.

Finally, you need to consider how you will retain your fuel return line. This is essential to avoid vapor lock if you’re driving your car on warm days.

There have been several threads posted on this forum covering these topics, with photos of members’ fabricated fuel line systems. I'm sure a few readers can post photos of their fabricated fuel line systems for their Holley carbs. Here are some examples of systems that I’ve been building for customer cars:

420-cube 530-horse small block with return-style regulator mounted mid-manifold to assure no vapor lock during street use. All lines are stainless, and all connections from the pump to the carb are hard-line threaded connections. Fuel filter location can be seen:

407-cube 500-horse small block with a return regulator mounted at the rear of the carb, all hard-line connections, and in-line filter:

463 Pontiac using a simple non-regulated bleed-orifice return line and all hard-line plumbing to the carb. Center section between the bowls is flex line, allowing easier removal of bowls during re-jetting:

For instructions on building systems, just e-mail me for my "How to Build a Fuel Line" tech paper.

Lars
V8FastCars@msn.com

Last edited by lars; 01-11-2015 at 11:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C3wildman (11-15-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel pump to carb set ups.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump to carb set ups.