C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Question regarding Instrument Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:43 AM
virtue4u
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Electric Question regarding Instrument Lights

I measured 1.5 ohms from the green wire at the light switch to the black ground wire at the back of speedometer, but from the green wire at the light switch to the returning ground strap at the light switch I get about 100 ohms. Isn't that too many ohms for the returning ground strap? Won't my instrument lights be very dim with so much resistance between the green wire and the returning ground strap back to the light switch? Suggestions?
Old 01-23-2015, 07:20 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Why are you doing this????

You do know that the headlight switch **** can turn to dim the instrument lights....and you are measuring through the filaments...

DO you have a wiring diagram????

DO you know that that GREEN WIRE goes to your fuse panel???? and there is FUSE that protects the instrument lights???? And if I knew what year you are 'talking about' I could help further. I know the wiring is basically the same but the fuses changed.

HEADLIGHT switch need to be pulled....Check the GREEN WIRE from the headlight switch to your fuse terminal in the fuse panel and see if you are getting BATTERY VOLTAGE.....then...see if this voltage is the same on the other side of the fuse.

You can either have a bad headlight switch...dirty fuse terminals....or making sure that the ground to your clusters is a good ground.

DUB

Quick Reply: Electric Question regarding Instrument Lights