C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Help needed AGAIN! How to install Lakewood HD Clutch fork??? ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 03:39 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default *** Help needed AGAIN! How to install Lakewood HD Clutch fork??? ***

How the h**l do you install the rod connecting the linkage to the clutch fork? On stock clutch fork it's bright and clear, but with Lakewood's CF I'm completely lost. The holes needed to install it just aren't there. BTW what is that small bowl on the end of the fork? Guys with this set up, could you spare some advice...
:cheers:

Here's pic showing the clutch fork:

Old 08-08-2002, 04:25 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: *** Help needed AGAIN! How to install Lakewood HD Clutch fork??? *** (groovyjay)

jay I was going to use that fork then wussied out when I saw that I needed to modify the fork & linkage to get it to work. I wanted to drive the car and not spend the time messing with the clutch linkage so I gave it to a friend to use on his race car. I don't know if your using the spiracal rod linkage from the Streeroid manfucturer or if your going stock. If I remember right stock wasn't going to work for me. :confused:
Old 08-08-2002, 05:27 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: *** Help needed AGAIN! How to install Lakewood HD Clutch fork??? *** (groovyjay)

It won't work with the stock linkage. You will have to modify one or both (the fork or the push rod). The push rod would have to be longer and have a point on it rather than the eyelit. Or you could grind (not cut, its hardened) a slot in the fork and attach it using one of the holes. The fork probably has a different offset when compared to the stock fork so you may not have enough adjustment on you linkage.

Get notified of new replies

To *** Help needed AGAIN! How to install Lakewood HD Clutch fork??? ***

Quick Reply: *** Help needed AGAIN! How to install Lakewood HD Clutch fork??? ***