C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Windows Runnning Slow/Sluggish

Old 02-27-2015, 03:17 PM
labhound
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, as it turned out, it was a broken wire somewhere between the switch and the motor, so I ran a new wire and now it works!
Old 02-28-2015, 03:41 PM
ezrider01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relay location.

Originally Posted by labhound
Ok, where is the power window relay...? I checked the ohms in the switch both up and down and it's good.

My relay was/is mounted to the post right under the shifter council plate, better accessible from the passenger side...if your looking at the diagram on this tread, approximately where the word "tape" is pointing to.

glad to read you found the problem.

Last edited by ezrider01; 02-28-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:47 PM
ezrider01
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Inputs!!!1

Just thought I would post an update...my new motors and regulators have come in, but I am not going to install the new stuff until she comes back from the paint shop.

Yup...I'm stripping her down again for the final paint...long time coming I must say.

I will post pictures and update to my window dilemma when shes going back together.

Laterz for now....
Old 03-01-2015, 12:36 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO2FIXUP
I don't have power windows, however it was very hard to turn the handle to lower and raise the windows. I took apart the door and lubed up the entire window mechanism thoroughly. What a difference that made. Can now raise and lower the windows with just the fingertips on the crank. Try that.
Same story. My windows were very difficult to roll up and down. There was a lot of caked grease in the mechanisms and areas in the runners were it looked like the grease had been worn away. Cleaned up the mechanisms, new grease...now the windows roll up and down so very easy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Windows Runnning Slow/Sluggish