C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borgeson steering torque specs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:07 PM
samdjr74
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Borgeson steering torque specs?

Hi All,

One thing I'm not too happy about with the Borgeson upgrade are the instructions. They seem to lack details and are vague. One area that would be nice would be a complete set of torque specs for the new hardware installed, box bolts, pitman arm, drag link ball joint, etc.

Has anyone put something together that lists all of the torque specs needed for the upgrade?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 02-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Hofs01
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samdjr74
Hi All,

One thing I'm not too happy about with the Borgeson upgrade are the instructions. They seem to lack details and are vague. One area that would be nice would be a complete set of torque specs for the new hardware installed, box bolts, pitman arm, drag link ball joint, etc.

Has anyone put something together that lists all of the torque specs needed for the upgrade?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 PM
widowmaker221
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by samdjr74
Hi All,

Thanks,
Sam
You can look up the torque specs in your shop manual, with that said the only torque spec I looked up was the nut for the pitman arm and I also used the original bolts for the box as they seemed better quality and fit the frame slot without washers.Pretty easy job overall.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:18 PM
samdjr74
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked Borgeson for the specs and they basically said the same thing but I still think it would be nice to have. You have the torque spec on the pitman arm nut as well as the torque spec on the pitman arm to drag link. Again you can look it up in the shop manually but I wouldn't want to assume just in case something was slightly different with the new set up.

Originally Posted by widowmaker221
You can look up the torque specs in your shop manual, with that said the only torque spec I looked up was the nut for the pitman arm and I also used the original bolts for the box as they seemed better quality and fit the frame slot without washers.Pretty easy job overall.

Get notified of new replies

To Borgeson steering torque specs?

Quick Reply: Borgeson steering torque specs?