C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another TBI fi unit to be released soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Another TBI fi unit to be released soon

Was reading Chevy Hardcore last night and saw the article on FiTech FI. It is less expensive than the MSD, FAST, Edelbrock and Holley units. Will be interesting to read reviews i tried posting a comment asking if it was all Made in America but the comment doesn't show. Anyway it could be another and less expensive option for those thinking of swapping carbs for fi. I would like to see one personally and find out if the fuel command center can fit in our C3's.

http://www.chevyhardcore.com/efi/the...nd-efi-8-kits/

Last edited by gdh; 02-22-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:13 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Looks like an interesting alternative. The data logging and pass through connection for a laptop are excellent features that I wish the FAST Ez-EFI system had.

They have an interesting approach to achieve fuel atomization:

Looks like it will be available on the market in a week or so:

http://go-n2o.com/

Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Thanks for chiming in Bruce as we know you have had a very good experience with your FAST unit.
The fuel command center is similar to the unit that Edelbrock offers for an additional $565. I am hoping to see one and determine if there is room in our C3 engine compartment to install the command center.
I also found the atomization process interesting and the fewer electrical connections than the others. I will watch other forums to read reviews. The 8 injector unit is $1500. These TPI units have been out long enough that the initial r & d expence has been written off.

Bruce, is there some sort of safe mode on these type of units that if something happens to the ECU that it can go into a limp mode so you're not stranded somewhere?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:02 AM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 504 Posts

Interested
Old 02-24-2015, 06:02 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Just rec'd reply from the co.

"Our parts are designed engineered and proven in Riverside CA . Our Throttle Bodies are cast in China. ECU's are Made by our Parent company which is OEM automotive as well as sensors and components from the best suppliers globally such as Bosch , Freescale, National Instruments ....... Basically no different than our competitors.
We haven't tried the Command Center in a 72 yet but its 6" diameter at the
widest and 8" tall."
Old 02-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Technite73
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Cost of Command center?

Originally Posted by gdh
Just rec'd reply from the co.

"Our parts are designed engineered and proven in Riverside CA . Our Throttle Bodies are cast in China. ECU's are Made by our Parent company which is OEM automotive as well as sensors and components from the best suppliers globally such as Bosch , Freescale, National Instruments ....... Basically no different than our competitors.
We haven't tried the Command Center in a 72 yet but its 6" diameter at the
widest and 8" tall."
How much is the Command Center? Can you show an actual installation in a Corvette?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:28 PM
c3_dk
Safety Car

Received 381 Likes on 294 Posts

Looking forward seeing some test in the future......
Old 02-24-2015, 04:27 PM
voidhead1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be interesting to see what ignition systems work best with this unit, I have posted that question to them in the hope I am compatible as this is a very interesting cost effective solution.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:38 PM
voidhead1
Instructor

I emailed the company with a question about the ignition requirements as I have a Mallory mechanical tach drive distributor with an E-Spark upgrade kit. This is part of their response:

You would need a 2 wire MSD or equal like the Summit or Jegs brand distributors to run the timing control. Our ECU can drive the coil directly or drive a CDI box of choice. I know that you would lose the tach drive with the MSD but we need the reluctor pickup to signal our ecu. If you were slick you could put the internals of the MSD in your DIST and make it work. They are pretty simple, Just a wheel and a pickup.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:17 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

The max width of the Command Centre is 6" and length 8", they said that they have not tested one in a C3.

One of the f.i. gurus on a f. I. forum is testing one now. He likes the co as they are known for a OEM work, what he's seen so far he likes and he is not a big fan of these TBI units, also Blueprint engines has done testing with them with very good results. He's a fan of their annular discharge design and so far he is "hoping that this is the one that DOES keep up with a carb."

Just to be clear, I have no attachment whatsoever to this company, I just read an article about the product and thought I'd post up for ppls interest. At this price point if the product delivers as promised I may buy one.

Interesting about the ignition, I have a Petronix II in the OEM distr. and an MSD 6al, will have to look into that side of things more.

Last edited by gdh; 02-25-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:54 AM
voidhead1
Instructor

Originally Posted by gdh
The max width of the Command Centre is 6" and length 8", they said that they have not tested one in a C3.

One of the f.i. gurus on a f. I. forum is testing one now. He likes the co as they are known for a OEM work, what he's seen so far he likes and he is not a big fan of these TBI units, also Blueprint engines has done testing with them with very good results. He's a fan of their annular discharge design and so far he is "hoping that this is the one that DOES keep up with a carb."

Just to be clear, I have no attachment whatsoever to this company, I just read an article about the product and thought I'd post up for ppls interest. At this price point if the product delivers as promised I may buy one.

Interesting about the ignition, I have a Petronix II in the OEM distr. and an MSD 6al, will have to look into that side of things more.

Please keep up the good investigation, really appreciate your insight and research .... I originally asked them this question: "Could be interested in this product if it will work with a Mallory
manual tach distributor that has the points converted with an E-Spark
conversion kit on a 454 BBC with a dual plane Edelbrock intake. Roller
cam/lifter setup for 475 HP and headers in a C3 Corvette."

This was their first response: "Absolutely will work with that module. You will not be able to run timing
control but it will do self-learning fuel and use the tach wire from your
distributor or just hook to the NEG on your coil. Basically it would be a
Fuel Only system . You would be able to use the Go EFI4 $995 system. The
Dual plane manifold is perfect and it sounds like a nice combination!
Thanks for contacting us, if you have any further questions please feel free
to ask
Ken Farrell
President
FiTech Fuel Injection
12370 Doherty St. Suite A
Riverside, CA 92503
ken@fitechEFI.com"

Then they followed up with additional information about MSD and a picture:
Old 02-25-2015, 11:29 AM
thyshallsmite
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, i'm very interested in this kit, the current EFI kits are beyond my budget but this one fits right in and since my c3 will become a daily driver this summer and having trouble finding parts for my current carb it would be great to get fuel injection
Old 02-25-2015, 12:00 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

The Command Center is $375 with the fuel lines, fittings and filter. Here's the pics that I just rec'd

Old 02-25-2015, 12:12 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Here's their reply re: my current ignition setup question (Oem distr with Petronix II and MSD 6al box). I also asked about HEI and MSD/Summit/Jegs distr for ppl owning those setups:

"The Pertronix II will work fine but will only allow for a "Fuel Only"
non-timing control type of installation. Same with the HEI and Ready to run
MSD. If you want Timing Control, you would need to LOCK OUT an MSD or equal
2 wire dist and connect the 2 wire to our ECU. The ECU would then fire a
coil directly OR trigger a CDI box such as an MSD or equal."
Old 02-25-2015, 01:15 PM
voidhead1
Instructor

Originally Posted by gdh
Here's their reply re: my current ignition setup question (Oem distr with Petronix II and MSD 6al box). I also asked about HEI and MSD/Summit/Jegs distr for ppl owning those setups:

"The Pertronix II will work fine but will only allow for a "Fuel Only"
non-timing control type of installation. Same with the HEI and Ready to run
MSD. If you want Timing Control, you would need to LOCK OUT an MSD or equal
2 wire dist and connect the 2 wire to our ECU. The ECU would then fire a
coil directly OR trigger a CDI box such as an MSD or equal."
It would be nice if we could get a wiring diagram in advance, personally I like the idea of the ECU controlling timing and fuel management all in one. I'll reply back from the responses they have given me and see if they have a few diagrams they can provide in advance.

Overall this unit is looking better and better as the 600HP unit looks complete nuts to bolts for just under $1400 for the whole system (ECU/Throttle Body/Fuel Delivery).
Old 02-26-2015, 12:24 AM
68post
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by voidhead1
It would be nice if we could get a wiring diagram in advance, personally I like the idea of the ECU controlling timing and fuel management all in one. I'll reply back from the responses they have given me and see if they have a few diagrams they can provide in advance.

Overall this unit is looking better and better as the 600HP unit looks complete nuts to bolts for just under $1400 for the whole system (ECU/Throttle Body/Fuel Delivery).
I believe the pricing is ; EFI-4 $995.00 - up to 600 HP, and EFI-8 $1,495.00 - up to 1,200 HP .
Old 02-26-2015, 09:30 AM
voidhead1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 68post
I believe the pricing is ; EFI-4 $995.00 - up to 600 HP, and EFI-8 $1,495.00 - up to 1,200 HP .
I was including the sump fuel delivery unit at $375 ... (995 + 375) and just under $30 to ship would bring the whole thing in just under or around $1400

Get notified of new replies

To Another TBI fi unit to be released soon

Old 02-26-2015, 09:56 AM
68post
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

I was including the sump fuel delivery unit at $375 ... (995 + 375) and just under $30 to ship would bring the whole thing in just under or around $1400
Oh, thanks.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

I'm with you on the wiring diagram and control of timing and fuel mngt.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:05 PM
voidhead1
Instructor

Originally Posted by gdh
I'm with you on the wiring diagram and control of timing and fuel mngt.
Looks like we might be waiting on the wiring diagram until official release:

"Thank you for contacting FiTech Fuel Injection – we appreciate your interest!

We’ll get back to you as soon as we can, or notify you when we are “ready to launch”, depending on your specific request.

Due to overwhelming demand, it may take us a few days to get back to you – thanks for your patience!

Sincerely,

Sales at FiTech Fuel Injection "

Quick Reply: Another TBI fi unit to be released soon