C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1980 C3 corvette speedo drive gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Sam122154
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 C3 corvette speedo drive gear

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I apologise if this has been posted before. I'm not overly technical, I'm new to corvettes, so please be patient.

Ok I've recently purchased a 1980 C3 corvette that is currently in restoration, now I have currently a digital dash and gauges attached to the vehicle, the speedo does not work at all.

My intention is to swap everything back over to analog but I was told by an electrician that the speedo cable was broken so I purchased a new one of those, next he told me that there was a gear drive or speedo drive gear (those were the terms that he used) inside the gearbox that was broken. He told me that both of those items needed to be repaired/replaced before he could switch over to analog and have the speedo working.

Trouble is I cannot find any information from Google on anything related to a gear drive or drive gear or anything along those lines. I was just wondering if anybody can help with me a part name, location of anybody who sells these. Ebay link something like that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:39 AM
313hitman
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speedometer-Drive-Gear-ATP-YA-16-/171624400008?fits=Year%3A1980%7CModel%3ACorvette&hash=item27f59c8488&vxp=mtr
Old 04-09-2015, 09:49 AM
0GMJim@HDC
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sam122154
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I apologise if this has been posted before. I'm not overly technical, I'm new to corvettes, so please be patient.

Ok I've recently purchased a 1980 C3 corvette that is currently in restoration, now I have currently a digital dash and gauges attached to the vehicle, the speedo does not work at all.

My intention is to swap everything back over to analog but I was told by an electrician that the speedo cable was broken so I purchased a new one of those, next he told me that there was a gear drive or speedo drive gear (those were the terms that he used) inside the gearbox that was broken. He told me that both of those items needed to be repaired/replaced before he could switch over to analog and have the speedo working.

Trouble is I cannot find any information from Google on anything related to a gear drive or drive gear or anything along those lines. I was just wondering if anybody can help with me a part name, location of anybody who sells these. Ebay link something like that?

Thanks in advance.
Try this place.

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/GM...eter_Gears.htm

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/sp...n_______va.htm

Last edited by GMJim@HDC; 04-09-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Sam122154
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 313hitman
Hi mate,

Thanks for the link, will this item fit a 1980 C3, or was this just to show me the part?

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To 1980 C3 corvette speedo drive gear

Quick Reply: 1980 C3 corvette speedo drive gear