C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Converter & Flexplate Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Torque Converter & Flexplate Questions?

I'm getting ready to install my ZZ-4 and have decided to use my good TH400 rather than the TH200-4r of unknown quality I have in my garage. The flexplate that came with the ZZ4 is an 153 tooth flexplate with a single set of bolt holes that are exactly 5-3/8" from the center of the flexplate.
The torque converter on my TH400 has a single bolt pattern for the bigger flexplate that was on my original engine. I have decided that rather than spend the money on a different flexplate I'd rather have a higher stall torque converter.
I'd like to get a B&M Holeshot 2000. B&M says that the Holeshot requires the "Smaller 10.75" bolt pattern or dual pattern flexplate." Having measured from the center of the flexplate to the center of the bolt holes, I feel confident that the flexplate on the ZZ4 has the smaller 10.75" bolt pattern.
If anyone knows any different please respond before I order it. I'm not sure that the order takers at Jegs or Summit are shrewd enough to answer my questions.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Torque Converter & Flexplate Questions? (Smokehouse69)

Yes, the ZZ4 has a flexplate with a 10.75" bolt pattern.

I learned this the hard way. :lol:

[Modified by Cookwithvette, 3:28 AM 8/14/2002]

Quick Reply: Torque Converter & Flexplate Questions?