C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension?

Old 08-14-2002, 09:08 PM
TeenagerWith74Vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension?

I'm in the process of a high horsepower engine build-up, and I'm looking at rear end kits to improve traction and reduce breakage. Has anybody used the kit found here? http://www.dragvette.com I'm definately going to get the half-shaft loops, but I'm thinking about the rear kit. It's almost like a 6-link, but less sophisticated. I should be running DEEP in the 11's and my rear is going to need all the help it can get. I wish I could afford Tom's stuff, but I can't. Any info would appreciated.
Thanks,
Jay
Old 08-14-2002, 10:51 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (TeenagerWith74Vette)

take a look at this post. one guy says he is getting it or has it now.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=364398
Old 08-15-2002, 10:12 PM
TeenagerWith74Vette
Racer

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (QuickVet)

Has anybody else used the 6-link?
Thanks,
Jay
Old 08-15-2002, 11:38 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (TeenagerWith74Vette)

Hey man, whats up? I have the kit From Steve Yates. I purchased it about a year ago. I talked with Steve and ask him several detailed questions, and he responded both professionally and communicated a fair amount of engineering information related to his kit. It arrived in a package that was identical to what his site shows and the parts are of high quality comparible to VBP. Now, how does it work? I don't freakin know yet. Im still trying to finish my C3 and probably won't get any test runs in till late November, due to my budget.
I know this guy had a 10 second IRS-C3, and it was developed at the track.
Im jonesing to race my car, I let you know if you haven't purchased it by November.
:cool:
p.s. your 74 runs pretty damn good for a small block car. There soooo heavy.3000+ no driver. :chevy
Old 08-17-2002, 03:05 AM
TeenagerWith74Vette
Racer

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (tiresmokin75-427)

I've been trying to contact Steve by phone, but no answer so far. Maybe somebody else has used this kit. I would really like to hear from someone with this kit in use.

I just noticed that your goal was to run 10.80s with your car. I'm hoping to be somewhere in that zone after some tuning. I'm following a friend's build-up that made 575hp dynoed HP on pump gas. I'm actually hoping my motor will do a little better than his. His motor went 10.67 in a 3400lb chevelle. I doubt I can get enough traction to go that fast, but my combo should be deadly on the street. MPH rules on the street.
Jay
Old 08-20-2002, 11:27 AM
TeenagerWith74Vette
Racer

Come on guys, I'm sure somebody has used it. Can you at least look at the website and see what you think. I don't want to buy it if it doesn't work.
Thanks,
Jay
Old 08-20-2002, 03:29 PM
IT STINGS
Instructor

I'm curious to. I'm suprised no one has an opinion about this. :eek:

ttt
Old 08-20-2002, 07:38 PM
BlkBird
Racer

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (IT STINGS)

I was curious about Dragvette's stuff as well. I dont know how strong my motors going to be when I get it done but being a Pontiac I can gaurantee it will be torquey and that's when the IRS is going to be stressed. See some info on the freak below if you've never seen my sig. Still got a long way to go :smash: :yesnod:
Old 08-20-2002, 08:58 PM
JoeC427
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hell yea, I love all corvettes, but it would be nice to see more c3 guys blasting the quarter mile in less than 11' seconds. The ricers won't know what to do!!!
Later,
Joe :cheers:
Old 08-20-2002, 11:34 PM
TeenagerWith74Vette
Racer

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (tiresmokin75-427)

Thanks for keeping this at the top guys. I'm sure someone in here is using this kit. I emailed him, and hopefully I can get in touch with him tomorrow or the next day.

My heads will be finished Friday, and I should have the flow #'s Sat. night. I'll be getting it dynoed as soon as I can get my cam cut and my Carb in.

My goal is to have it ready for Cruisin The Coast on Oct. 9-12.

Thanks,
Jay
Old 08-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Chris69
Burning Brakes

I received this note from Steve at DragVette... His email is dragvette@peoplepc.com

He's been great to work with and went out of his way to find some parts for me that I couldn't locate locally.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chris,

I have been watching this thread and it has been interesting. I attemped to register on the site and I'm having trouble with my pass word. Could you let him know that any purchase made at the site is returnable. I don't wish to sell anything that doesn't live up to the expectations of the customer and will refund 100% if they are for any reason not satisfied with there purchase. I have some referances I can E-mail him if I had an address. I don't believe he has contacted me as he had indicated he may have.

Thanks outside looking in Steve @ DragVette.com

Old 08-23-2002, 10:45 AM
TeenagerWith74Vette
Racer

Default Re: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension? (Chris81)

I had tried to contact him for several days before finally leaving a voice message. He contacted me that day (Wednesday when I was on the way to the racetrack.) We spoke back and forth and I really like his kit. It's really not that expensive either, considering the very expensive stuff you could break.

I'm still weighing my options, but I hope to get his kit.
Thanks,
Jay

Get notified of new replies

To Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anybody used Dragvette.com's Rear suspension?