C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up?

I put Marvel Mystery Oil (about 1/3 quart) down the carb last Sunday. Then I cold cranked to get it up-and-down in the cylinders. The objective is to free up any possible carboned piston rings. I have cold cranked each evening since so as to keep that oil and the rings mobile. I will fire up Friday or Saturday. I would imagine that this will provide an impressive display of smoke. No problem. But will this foul the spark plugs? I would say yes. Next step is to hit the highway to do the the 180 thermostat vs. 195 test. Do the plugs self clean? Any comments?

[Modified by paul79, 8:38 PM 8/14/2002]
Old 08-14-2002, 09:44 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up? (paul79)

Hey paul where did you get that stuff. I went to Canadian tire and got their super gas treatment but the bottle is only 354ml. I'm trying to do the same thing only with my truck's engine.

If you can fire the engine, rev the heck out of it and the plugs will self clean. Just like when you flood an engine( it should make for a good smoke show) If you can't fire the engine you'll have to pull a couple of the plugs the plugs and clean them then it should fire up engough to clean the rest of the plugs.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:57 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up? (MikeC)

Mike,
Two years ago this oil was proposed to me by Forum members as a "miracle" cure for many engine de-carb ailments. Never gave it much thought as I am very skeptical of such claims for additives. But given my oil consumption scenario I thought finally why not? Can't do any harm. This oil has been around for decades and apparently finds wide acceptance in the farming community for high-heat tractor conditions. Many swear by its abilities to prevent piston ring seizure. So I will give my rings a five-day soak and see what happens.

I got that bottle from a Forum member in the USA who mailed it to me free of charge. Love this Forum! But I now believe it is available at Canadian Tire. I cannot confirm that, however.

*Edit*-I will finish off with the water de-carb treatment when that oil is burned off. I will post the results.

[Modified by paul79, 9:30 PM 8/14/2002]
Old 08-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up? (paul79)

Hehe. Decarbonize the engine huh? Well, we'll see. That's the first time I heard someone dump the thing down the carb. Let us know how it goes.

You should def. get a heck of a smoke show.

Get notified of new replies

To Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up?

Quick Reply: Marvel Mystery Oil-In Cylinders-Just Fire Up?