C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Zorro O
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Backup lights

1979 vette automatic, my backup lights have not worked for awhile. Today I was sitting in the car working on the neutral safety switch, when my wife walking past the car said "Hey your backup lights are blinking!" It turns out that when I push the shifter handle toward the right side of the car while in reverse the backup lights come on, when I stop pushing they go out. Is there an adjustment to the shifter I am not seeing?

Zorro.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:14 PM
speedreed8
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 202 Posts

The nss is adjustable. It maybe worn and needing replacing.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:03 AM
spikebot 81
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Zorro O
1979 vette automatic, my backup lights have not worked for awhile. Today I was sitting in the car working on the neutral safety switch, when my wife walking past the car said "Hey your backup lights are blinking!" It turns out that when I push the shifter handle toward the right side of the car while in reverse the backup lights come on, when I stop pushing they go out. Is there an adjustment to the shifter I am not seeing?

Zorro.
As I recall there are 2 adjustment and limit switches under the console at the shifter gate. One for the neutral safety and one for the reverse lights. I'll bet a adjusting screw as fallen out and the limit switch is flopping around

Get notified of new replies

To Backup lights

Quick Reply: Backup lights